- Progressive Sydney council
- Initial 12-month contract / Best rates - UPDATED!
- Great exposure for ongoing opportunities
Outstanding opportunity to work with a leading, progressive Sydney council!
Working in the Green Infrastructure business unit, develop sustainability projects, and work with other Business Units to integrate sustainability features into their projects.
Projects include environmentally sensitive sites and buildings, and will present an opportunity to create positive sustainable outcomes.
This position will focus primarily on water harvesting (for recycling), storm-water management, landfill leachate control, and land rehabilitation.
Functions of the role include:
- Coordinate development and delivery of 'green' infrastructure, facilities and services in line with environmental policies and strategies and related master plans;
- Develop projects that will help to achieve the councils environmental targets
- Ensure strong, value adding community, business and stakeholder engagement and partnerships are built into project development and delivery;
- Provide advice on how to improve the environmental outcomes.
- Advise on bench-marking the environmental performance of council buildings, facilities and infrastructure;
- Provide feedback on experience from the development and implementation of green infrastructure projects;
- Help ensure council is meeting it's obligations in relation to delivery of green infrastructure, facilities and services;
Essential skills and experience include:
- Degree qualifications in Civil Engineering or a similar building, or infrastructure design and construction discipline.
- Expertise and experience with design and/or construction civil works including one or more of the following; water harvesting from storm-water systems, installation of pumps, pump wells and associated structures, storm-water civil works generally, landfill leachate diversion and treatment, contaminated land rehabilitation and associated earthworks and re-vegetation.
- The engagement and management of various specialist engineers and landscape architects, urban ecologists and similar professionals.
- Knowledge and experience with mitigating the environmental impact associated with, and realising sustainability opportunities presented by building and infrastructure project development, design and construction.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement and commitment to work as part of a team while being able to advocate effectively for sustainability outcomes.
- Strong communication skills with experience in report writing and presentations.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to organise and work under pressure
Benefits and Rewards:
- Career opportunities through exposure within a large, progressive Sydney council with an ongoing program of works
- Opportunity to drive sustainability on a variety of projects.
- Great team and culture!
Remuneration guideline (updated 25/7/19): $60 - $85/hr + Super depending on experience and structure
Don't miss this outstanding opportunity to make a difference!
Please forward a detailed CV via the link provided and feel free to contact Brad Sparrow for more information on 02 9267 8211
Excellent rewards, both personal and professional await!