Join a prominent Sydney Council in their Construction Services team!
Focused on Civil Infrastructure Maintenance, a Construction Coordinator is sought to manage maintenance projects including roads, footpaths, kerbs, gutters, drainage, retaining walls, stairways, fences, seawalls, etc.
Coordinating a team of 12, positions reporting to the Construction Coordinator are;
- Construction Supervisor
- Leading Hand
- Council Workers
- Project Officer
The purpose of this position is to:
- Provide construction management capability, supervise and manage day labour and contractors, provide technical support, and coordinate with stake holders.
- Ensure project are completed to scope, within budget, and complying to best practice, best value, and quality!
- Effectively scope, plan, forecast, supervise, and manage works undertaken, and achieving effective utilisation of staff.
Skills and experience:
- Civil Works / Overseers Certificate (Cert III) or equivalent, Supervisory training and experience
- Practical experience in Local Government maintenance on either roads, footpaths, or minor construction.
- Previous leadership and management of staff resources including supervision of day labour staff.
- Working knowledge of WHS requirements
- Good computer skills and excellent communication skills
A great opportunity, develop your career and secure your future!
The offer: 6 month fixed term contract : $50-60/hr + super
Role is currently being reviewed/profiled with view to make permanent!
Please forward a detailed CV via the link provided and feel free to contact Brad Sparrow on 02 9267 8211 for more information.
Excellent rewards, both personal and professional await!
NOTE: Only Permanent Australian Residents and Citizens can be considered for this position.