Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Controls Software Engineer to join a globally renowned leader leader in automated manufacturing and supply chain solutions engineering.
This logistics solutions system integrator delivers highly complex, full turnkey solutions including a full range of materials handling and storage systems linked with advanced warehouse software, to businesses of all sizes in eCommerce, retail, manufacturing, exporting, parcel services, and more.
To maintain and grow its position as a market leader, the Global Controls Software division of this organisation has multiple development teams located in Australia, Canada, USA, UK and Europe, responsible for developing leading-edge technology used by the Project Engineering divisions globally to support this wide range of warehouse automation and distribution solutions.
Develop high quality controls software for PLCs and/or other real time controller platforms, as well as developing higher-level software tools/applications to support the configuration and deployment of controls software products.
You will be part of a talented Australian development team of a Global Controls Software division that follows the Scrum software development framework.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A passion for excellence, a keen and proven interest in software and programming as well as robotics and automation.
- The technical skill to produce software (PLC and higher-level) of a high quality, and the drive to complete tasks within the required time frame.
- An understanding of professional software development. During development focus will be on producing high quality software. This includes aspects of designing, developing, testing, implementing, enhancing, maintaining, and supporting this software.
- An ability to set standards within your assigned technical area and mentor more junior engineers.
- To be able to work collaboratively with peer technical leads with the intention of standardising development amongst global development teams.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor or higher degree in Mechatronics or Electrical engineering, or Computer Science
- A minimum of 3 years' PLC or real-time controller programming experience (Siemens preferred) including hands-on experience within the Automated Material Handling Systems or similar industry
- Experience in designing and developing software using C#, however C++, Java, Visual Basic as well as experience developing in Microsoft Visual Studio or a similar application also well regarded.
- Experience in the design and development of controls based on physical layouts is expected.
- Experience in an agile development environment is beneficial
- Some experience in HMI/SCADA programming is beneficial (WinCC Flexible, Iconics, Wonderware, RSView, WinCC or Citect)
- A working understanding of design, layout and use of industrial networks is strongly desired. Preferred experience in: Profinet, Ethernet/IP, ProfiBus, DeviceNet and/or ASi
- Experience in automated testing including scripting is beneficial
Due to location, a valid drivers license and own transport is required.
Benefits and Rewards:
If you have the attitude to keep learning as an engineer, and be part of a team-collaboration-driven company, then this opportunity is for you!
A very competitive salary plus benefits (with a stable Sydney-based company and role, in a continually advancing industry) is negotiable, to reward your experience.
Travel opportunities exist and are occasionally required however the large majority of your time will be spent developing software in their northern Sydney-based office.
Don't miss this outstanding opportunity to join a global leader!
Please forward a detailed CV via the link provided and/or contact Brad Sparrow on 02 9267 8211 for more information.
Excellent rewards, both personal and professional await!
NOTE: Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens can be considered for this position.