Get involved in the design of a range of public buildings!
Join the Project Design team of this prominent Sydney council in a progressive government and client environment, that prides itself on its commitment to design excellence.
There is a range of building projects underway or planned including an Aquatic centre, new community, sporting and childcare facilities and a range of community and commercial facility upgrades.
Design Managers are responsible for delivering the design of capital works projects with specific expertise in public buildings.
This is a project based role, with Design Managers typically dealing with a cluster of projects.
Design Managers typically undertake feasibility, develop project briefs and engage and manage external design consultants to develop and document projects.
The role will require engagement with both consultant teams and project staff as well as significant client and stakeholder management and co-ordination.
A range of specific opportunities exist depending on your strengths, from feasibility and concept stage focus of new projects, to a managing design issues and quality control in a range of projects in construction.
Core Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture.
- Previous detailed design of high quality public and/or small commercial facilities,
- Experience and competence across project phases is desirable including initiation and feasibility, Concept Design, Documentation and Construction phases.
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience is anticipated.
Benefits and Rewards include:
- Work on a range of projects for a highly visible client.
- Great exposure, with support from a progressive team.
- With a pipeline of developing projects there is real opportunity for career development.
- An initial 12 month contract
Best rates (depending on experience and structure) $90/hr - $130/hr
Don't miss this outstanding opportunity!
Please forward a detailed CV via the link provided and feel free to contact Brad Sparrow on 02 9267 8211 for more information.
Excellent rewards, both personal and professional await!