MOMENTUM CONSULTING - FABRICATION PRODUCTION LEADER - PERMANENT
Momentum Consulting was established in 1999 and was founded on the principles of "People, Quality and Delivery". Maintaining this focus has given Momentum the reputation for providing quality driven, customer focused and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
You will be required to train, motivate, and develop a performance-based culture within your group of direct reporting employees to ensure you achieve your overall targets. Your objective is to develop a "best practice" production and technical training facility to supply finished products in predominantly solid surface and timber materials to new and existing customers.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your major duties include but are not restricted to the following key focus areas:
- Implement proven Lean (or TOC) manufacturing principles to maximise the gross profit and cash flow of the business.
- The drive to implement systems to refine growth and/or profit is strongly aligned to your knowledge that is based on sound manufacturing principles.
- Develop KPI's for all reporting staff based on performance management measures. Training and motivating of staff to be aligned to these KPI's
- Conduct & facilitate daily meetings (buffer meetings) with your team, utilising a consistent agenda and tight timeline (no longer than 10 minutes) to ensure KPI's are met.
- Develop and implement a quality system and evolve staff culture that places high value on accuracy knowing that customer satisfaction remains a high priority and that the best form of new business generation comes from satisfied customers via referrals.
- Engage in ongoing Training the direct reporting Production team aimed at driving a culture of continuous business improvement.
- Training will also involve Technical Fabrication Instruction of external customer groups.
- Understanding that as a small team that this can at times be a hands-on role even though it is a management and mentoring position.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Minimum Trade Qualification in either of the disciplines of quality Cabinetmaking, Joinery Shopfitting or Wood Machining.
- A minimum 3 - 5 years' experience managing a team within a manufacturing facility where modern CNC machining equipment was used.
- Your style will be one of hands on and understanding how to identify where the constraints and wastes is within the production process utilising modern manufacturing principles.
If this sounds like an opportunity you have been waiting for, CLICK the APPLY NOW button and take the next positive step towards your great new role. For more information call 02 9267 8211 and speak to Kiran.