Momentum Consulting Group are currently looking for an Irrigation Technician to join our client located in Melton.
Our client specializes in full scope civil infrastructure, open space and environmental services to both government and private enterprises. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be undertaking a variety of tasks in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of irrigation equipment, irrigation systems and small pumps.
Daily duties & responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of simple and moderately complex irrigation systems.
- Reads diagrams and blueprints to lay out and locate irrigation valves, timers and wiring.
- Installs irrigation timers, hoses and valves.
- Tests completed irrigation systems for proper functioning of valves and timers.
- Locates, excavates and repairs or replaces damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Actively participate in the development of a culture based around values of teamwork, collaboration, respect
Requirements for this role:
- Knowledge of irrigation system installation, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of use of common hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Skill in installing, maintaining and repairing irrigation systems.
- Skill in reading irrigation drawings.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing
The successful applicant will have:
- Current drivers' licence
- Minimum of 12 months demonstrated and/or related experience
- A recognised qualification in Irrigation or related field
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Effective communication skills
- Good presentation as you will be dealing with the public & liaising with clients
What we offer:
- Attractive hourly pay rates
- Job security with ongoing fulltime hours & long-term contracts
- Opportunity for a permanent job for standout candidates
- Friendly & supportive team
- Opportunity to work close to home in the West
If you meet the above criteria, please apply now with a current resume.
*The successful candidate will be subject to a licence check and pre-employment medical prior to placement.