Our client is the market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of minerals processing equipment to the mining industry, both within Australia and throughout the world.
Due to ongoing company growth we have an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join and lead the Maintenance team, based at Sydney's North Shore.
The position is responsible for maintaining the production performance of the manufacturing facility, commissioning of new equipment, infrastructure, repairs & modifications to tooling plus the fabrication & supply of consumable components. The role is key support for each business unit to achieve the agreed strategic and business objectives through the successful implementation and development of a continuous improvement culture.
With an emphasis on safety, quality, labour costs and efficiency improvements this position is responsible for engaging the team at all levels, to ensure that systems and productivity standards are achieved and to put longer term strategic growth plans in place.
Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
- Support all system requirements in relation to the ISO 9001 & 14001 quality & environmental systems, and any other system in place
- All aspects of equipment and facilities maintenance for shops and departments within operations and for all areas of the Artarmon facility
- Development & implementation of a computerised maintenance management system(E-MAINT)
- Direct responsibility and leadership of the maintenance tradespersons and facilities team as defined in the business structure
- Leadership to all areas of the manufacturing and operations facility in engineering and maintenance practices
- Responsible for the expenditure within the Facilities department and for the monitoring and control of the site repairs and maintenance expenditure.
- Provide engineering policy and advice for all aspects of the Artarmon site and associated departments
- Develop and manage site maintenance systems in support of production requirements and lean initiatives taking in to account job hours & stock control
- Provide assistance to all departments in the execution of improvement initiatives and project implementation.
- Management and maintenance of the facility to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Achieve continuous improvement of customer service function through contribution to analysis of service failures, improvement of quotation systems and recommendations for procedures in respect of improved customer service.
- Maintain the facilities within the constraints of the capital expenditure and the operation expenditure budgets as defined for the relevant fiscal period.
- Management of quality objectives, policies and programs aligned to total customer satisfaction.
- Manage plant facilities through planning of maintenance, inventory controls, and designation of operating hours and supply of parts, tools and raw materials.
- Research into new improved production methods and products, through the use of lean WPS and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide overall direction and management including personnel, technological resources and assets.
- Lead the development of the Facilities department safety/environment goals, targets, objectives and communicate to direct reports and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with manufacturing management as required to ensure production & equipment maintenance plans meet business needs.
- Ensure compliance with local, Division and Group policies & procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years related experience in manufacturing industry.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing excellence/continuous improvement/transformations.
- 10+ years of experience in maintenance operational planning/scheduling
- Proven leadership capabilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing manufacturing engineering tasks using manufacturing methodologies and process analysis systems and techniques.
- Proven track record in developing & implementing a computerised maintenance management system
- Experience in managing all aspects of P&L, budgets and capital projects.
- Change Management
- Strong background leading teams within a manufacturing environment.
- A solid track record leading an integrated maintenance function and delivering major capital projects.
- Highly reputable Tier 1 organisation
- Strong brand in the mining industry
- Long term career trajectory
- Future focused on sustainability