Outstanding opportunity to join a prominent Sydney council, in a leadership role within their assets, infrastructure, and facilities division.
With a focus on the councils' capital works program, projects comprise a diverse range of community facilities, commercial buildings, civil works, street scapes, and both open and urban spaces.
Within the division, the delivery teams manage the design and construction phases of the projects from inception to delivery.
This position will take a Lead role in the development and mentoring of the project teams that deliver the capital works projects.
The role will represent the council within collaborative contract models, taking a leadership position on Alliance Management Teams where required.
In addition, this position will be responsible for:
- Delivery on scope and budgets;
- Management of stakeholders;
- Creation of 'best value' in order to meet or outperform budgets and program;
- Ensuring the team meet operational maintenance and sustainability requirements;
- Quality and safety standards, and WHS.
Skills and experience:
- Degree qualifications in either Building, Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or similar discipline, with post graduate qualifications in Project Management, and/or Management.
- Significant Project Management experience utilising a recognised project management methodology, and demonstrable achievement in delivery across a diverse range of projects.
- Strong understanding of contract and commercial principles across a range of procurement models including Design and Construct, Early Contractor Involvement, and alliances.
- Strong commercial awareness and proven track record in driving multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, with a sound understanding of risks and risk management.
- Effective leadership, able to motivate, inspire, mentor, and coach.
- Excellent communication - written, interpersonal, and verbal
- A commitment to EEO, WHS, Sustainability and diversity principals, and understanding of obligations and responsibilities under current legislation.
Benefits and rewards:
With a belief that people are the key to their success, there are a range of initiatives and benefits available to employees and contractors.
This role is offered as a long term, open ended contract, with an attractive daily rate of $710 - $780/day plus superannuation.
Don't miss this outstanding opportunity!
Please forward a detailed CV via the link provided and/or contact Brad Sparrow on 02 9267 8211 for more information.
Excellent rewards, both personal and professional await!
NOTE: Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens can be considered for this position.