MOMENTUM CONSULTING - STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Momentum Consulting was established in 1999 and was founded on the principles of "People, Quality and Delivery". Maintaining this focus has given Momentum the reputation for providing quality driven, customer focused and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
Our Client prides themselves on being the market leader of Asian Foods in Australia. They provide to retail, food-service and commercial sectors.
We are actively seeking to appoint a Procurement Officer to join a dynamic and fast paced team.
The ideal candidate will possess a vibrant personality, be a team player with a great attitude.
You are client and service orientated by nature and take pride in your ability to fulfil customer requests.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will be able to work autonomously whilst ensuring key stakeholders including manufacturing, sales and marketing are appropriately briefed and expectations managed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- On time order placement with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Sourcing, selecting, and negotiating for the best product packages in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services.
- Entering international shipments
- Reviewing and comparing landed costs vs selling price
- Maintaining complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Compiling documentation for Australian customs.
- Actively manage and monitor shipping calendar
- Preparing supplier reports and low stock level reports.
- Preparing and maintaining purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Reconciling and/or resolving value discrepancies
- Complying with and maintaining knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Assisting manufacturing, marketing and customer service departments
- Monitoring ETAs and consolidation of goods against shipping calendar and production plan
- Provide up to date feedback and information to functional divisions regarding orders and shipping.
- Develop supplier relationships, negotiate terms and monitor supplier's performance.
- Manage Freight forwarder and shipment of goods.
- Adhere to purchasing and procurement policies and in line with company processes and ISO 9001 standard.
- Minimum 5 year's experience in Procurement or similar role.
- Proven experience with International purchasing and expediting.
- Applicable tertiary qualifications (advantageous).
- Advanced computer skills (Internet, Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong experience and knowledge in planning and managing logistics
- Excellent written & spoken English and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin would be highly advantageous
- Ability to work in team environment as well as unsupervised
- Proactive in meeting targets and time-lines.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- ERP experience - Exact an advantage.
- MRPII experience
- High attention to detail.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive salary
- Potential for pathway development
- Staff discounts on product range
If this sounds like an opportunity you have been waiting for, CLICK the APPLY NOW button and take the next positive step towards your great new role. For more information call 02 9267 8211 and speak to Kiran.