A National leader in Express Freight Forwarding located in Thornton.
As a Transport Forklift Operator your main duties will involve:
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Semi-trailers, linehaul and B-Doubles
- Mezzanine loading
- Gates and Curtains
- Manual Handling
- Palletising of freight
- Conveyer belt work
- Freight Sorting
- Post code sorting
- Computer data entry work
- Manifest work
- Load weight management
This role will see you working and travelling across two separate sites each day.
- 11am - 7:30pm
- $31 p/hr
- Monday to Friday
To be successful in obtain this role you will have:
- 2+ years Transport forklift experience
- Experience loading linehaul, semi-trailers and B-Doubles
- Mezzanine experience
- An understanding of load restraint principles
- Experience manually sorting local, country and interstate freight
- Experience pulling gates and curtains
- Load Planning experience
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment
- Excellent WHS knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Knowledge of road freight essential, ideally in a heavy industry setting, carting industrial/mining parts
- Ability to manage customer at the ground level - customer forklift operators etc.
- Collate weights of freight being loaded onto trucks by customer forklift operators.
- Ensure manifests of freight are accurate
- Administration and Data entry work
- Thornton location
- Free onsite parking
- Ongoing work available for proven performs
- Temp to perm opportunities available for proven performs
How to apply: If you feel you meet the above criteria then we want to hear from you! Click the Apply button Now or call the Supply team on 02 9267 8211 between 8am - 8pm.
Momentum is extremely passionate about providing equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.