Momentum Consulting was established in 1999 and was founded on the principles of "People, Quality and Delivery". Maintaining this focus has given Momentum the reputation for providing quality driven, customer focused and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
Based in east Melbourne, our client is a market leader, providing an extensive line of professional construction equipment for hire throughout Australia. Due to recent promotions we currently have an opportunity for a Workshop Mechanic.
The Service Technician will be responsible for servicing and commissioning of equipment, and associated activities such as parts stock control. As well, they will assist in smooth running of the operations team through the use of systems and policies.
- Carryout service and repair work on equipment
- Liaise with customers for quotes and machine pick ups and returns
- Commission new equipment
- Process paperwork requirements and reports
- Develop systems etc... for efficient workflow
- Maintain workshop area tidiness and cleanliness
- Maintain parts stocks
- Carry out servicing and repairs to Allcon hire equipment
- Travel to site and carry out on-site equipment repairs
- Assist in development and maintenance of OHS systems and procedures
- Pick orders for delivery
- Assist in loading delivery vehicles
- Assist in maintaining warehouse cleanliness
- Assist in stock unloading and putting away
- Carryout general maintenance, assemblies etc... as requested by management
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- High level of experience and proficiency in small engine / equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Must be fit for manual handling operations
- Must demonstrate the ability to work safely, by systems and as a team member
- Able to fault find and diagnose issues, and complete suitable repairs onsite or refer back to the workshop
- Great customer skills, presentation and communication (written and verbal)
- Forklift and motor vehicle licence
The roles are full time permanent positions paying a base rate of $35-$38 depending on experience.
If you would like to know more and have any questions, please apply and submit your resume in WORD format (if possible) and one of our consultants will be in touch. Any questions you can call the office on (02) 9633-1141 and speak to Philip Wilson.