Our client has a position available for a Log Scaler to join their Log Marshalling team based at their Port Adelaide site. You will be responsible for the accuracy, integrity and efficiency of measuring export logs by bar-coding and measuring logs arriving into the Port's log yards daily. This role is very hands-on and requires a candidate who has great teamwork skills and is accurate in their work.
Tip: Don't be too specific with our Client and summarise the industry to avoid our competitors from identifying.
- Opportunity to work outdoors
- Opportunity to transition to a permanent role
About the role
As a Log Scaler, you will be responsible for the following:
- Measuring and grading export logs using handheld scanner
- Working outdoors around heavy machinery and trucks
- Inputting docket data into computer system, double checking data
- Double checking inventory stocks (docket checking)
- Working with other staff members/supervisors to maintain safe working environment
To be successful, you will possess the following:
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Work well within a team environment with good communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors
- Great teamwork skills
- Accuracy in work
- Have a can-do attitude
- Eager to upskill into a dual role position (scaler/machine operator with proper training)
Momentum is innovative, results-driven & customer focused. Our experienced consultants go out of their way to deliver effective recruitment solutions for both clients & candidates. Whether it be one off-hires, bulk recruitment, onsite workforce management or large vendor management models.
All candidates must be prepared to undertake pre-employment drug testing and regular random testing.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, make sure to APPLY today.
For any questions, feel free to reach out to:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02-9633 1141 for a confidential discussion.
Momentum is extremely passionate about providing equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.